Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 8, 2010

He's a Big Kid Now

POOP TALK

Last Friday, November 5, you were just wearing shorts for you had already pooped and I have been training you to really just tell us if you need to pee in the potty when you excitedly told me that you wanted to poop. For a minute there I didn't know what to do so I just asked if you'd do it in the potty (because you never agreed to it before and always insisted that you're wearing a diaper when you poop, sometimes, you won't even do it unless you're home here in Paco) and you said YES.

You managed to keep everything in and just let go after I have seated you in the potty seat.

And just like that, you pooped in the potty for real. And of course, we were so proud!

Then, Sunday, while Pappie was pooping, you told me again that you had to go. Good thing your potty seat was outside and I got you to sit there and you did your business. It sort of scandalized you to be hearing your poop hit plastic though, and not water but still, again, you pooped in a potty.

I just hope your brother's coming won't dampen your drive to go potty in the potty. I'd really love to not have to keep buying diapers for you, you know. We can save up the money and buy Lego sets instead, hehe.

*~*

VERBAL DEVELOPMENT

Once, a week or two ago, you jumped/dived on Pappie which ended up hurting him. He scolded you and you reasoned out. You said, "But I am a super hero eh, I am flying." :) Pappie then had to acknowledge that he understands you are a superhero but reminded you that superheroes don't hurt people. He gave you permission to fly as much as you want if you'd be careful and not hurt anybody.

You are really very talkative now. You're still apt to be contrary and reverse psychology still works with you, but you also tend to reason out more now. You also never fail to remind me to be proud of you, for outting on your socks all by yourself, or removing your shoes/socks all by yourself.

*~*

A few days ago, I told you that soon, my tummy will be small again. Then you asked, "And I can sit on your lap again?" :)

So sometimes, I would allow you to sit there even if it's a real discomfort. And during Mass, I encouraged you to be on my lap and to take your nap there in my arms. I had to hand you over to your father after a while but it was really bittersweet how I haven't held you like that in my arms for a long time now. Usually, you'd sleep beside me, even in the car, and not anymore in my arms. And as my tummy grew and we instructed you to defend it and protect it, that kind of closeness has been deprived us both.

It was a privilege holding you like that for over two years, Yakee, and I really missed it. I am sorry you missed it too. But you do know I love you right?

*~*

I worry about the coming days where we'd all have to adjust to Yamee. But somehow, you have reassured me time and again that you are really aware of a baby on the way, and that you will be a good big brother to him. Yamee is so lucky. We are so lucky that you're you.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP