Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 23, 2010

No Updates Doesn't Mean No Milestones

Mommy has just really been busy about being pregnant, Baby. Mommy is often sick and dizzy and weak and restless.

I am sad to say, it has affected our relationship, causing a strain to it as you grow more energetic and engaging and demanding. I do feel bad about our time being compromised but I guess this is your first lesson on the other side of what makes a family a family: the sacrifices.

In the earlier days of this month, I would often have no energy to read to you at night, so I'd just read one book and call it a night. But I started feeling better as we both got better and finished our medicines. We have even established a new morning routine: I will take off your socks and you will take off mine. That's on top of the kisses and sometimes morning reading.

You're on vitamins everyday now, per your latest pedia's advice. she also kept giving you lollipops when we visit so now you're actually always excited at the prospect of going to the doctor's. The last time we were there, while Mommy was also consulting with her OB, you told Ninang about how delicious and tasty the lollipop is, and refused to give Ninang a taste. You told her to go to the doctor instead.

You still love your candy medicine, the Montemax chewable one, and we're down to our last four. I guess you just really love the thought of having candy.

Just last night, because Mommy was really not in the mood and you were making it hard for Mommy to dress you up again, Mommy turned out the lights on us without reading to you and putting socks on you. Poor you, you slept holding your socks. I did put them on you when I woke up just now. And I vow to be more consistent in my discipline of you now so that you'd cooperate better.

You still navigate the entire bed when you sleep, causing Pappie and me our sleep sometimes because you like curling up in the most inappropriate of places.

You started swimming lessons again last Wednesday. I think the long wait and anticipation got you super excited, you refused to listen to the instructors. You kept kicking in the water and giggling. Mommy really hopes to survive this.

But darling, do know that I love you. More than life itself. And I am proud that you're getting used to wearing briefs now. I just have to remember to make you pee in the potty every hour because you still don't tell me in advance that you're going to pee.

I am also happy that you somehow seem to have an idea that Yamee is a baby inside Mommy's tummy. And do know it breaks my heart when I have to turn you away or Pappie has to scold you to stay away from Mommy because you're being overly rough on Mommy (all your dancing makes Mommy nauseated aside from you always ending up hurting Mommy). I hope you will master your own strength someday because you really are a strong boy.

2 feet, 10 inches tall and 12.2 kgs. You wear a size 24 shoe.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP