Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Life Got the Better of Me, Panganay

Pappie Jojo: Anak, you're so thin, please eat more ha?
Yakee: Yes, papa... You... You're so soft
Nyahahahaha

*~*~*

Engr Nice ito ang future X-gamer ... And since restricted pa na magsubok siya ng totoong skateboard, tuloy ko muna enthusiasm niya thru fingerboard ehehehhe


*~*~*

Sigh. Ganun ata talaga.

Ang favorite subject ni Yakee is P.E.... The one thing I hate now because it requires me to move, haha.

But Pappie Jojo, I am loving the arnis... So easy to just come up with things to do with it. 
And proof of Yakee's enjoyment... He has not stopped lovingly thanking me, telling me he loves me and requesting for more exercises later.

*~*~*

Yakee just recited, with about 95% accuracy, a 160-word story from memory.

Sometimes, I find myself sighing that he refuses to read the written word... Even if he can already. But God made his ears sharper than his eyes eh, what can I do? 

Bbee... And it's not like we read the Transformers book to him everyday, all the time. Galing no?
Prize naman dyan! Haha

*~*~*

Batang Pinoy = Arnis

(Haha, ekshuli, these will be our exercise sticks for years)


 

*~*~*

Haha... Aliw na aliw ako sa arrow holder nya Pappie Jojo.


*~*~*

Sana lagi silang masaya sa kahon lang... Hehe 


*~*~*

Yakee just sang the first few lines of Living On The Edge... 

... Thank God he isn't tone deaf like me.


*~*~*

Yesterday...

Me: this... This is the reason why I insist on naps when you have swimming lessons. Because when you don't take a proper one, your behavior turns ugly.

Yakee: you don't love me anymore. You're calling me ugly.

Me: I didn't say you were ugly. I am saying all the whining and arguing and crying is ugly. This is ugly behavior!

Yakee: you're calling me ugly. You are so bad.

Sigh.... I was bad. We don't say UGLY in our family.

Can I blame the blasted heat and brownout?


*~*~*

Yakee is teaching Yamee about the Solar system... Love it! 

Yakee: See, here, this is Mars... That is Saturn. 
Yamee: Ert.


*~*~*

Yakee: why did you fix the bed here?
Me: sorry darling... Despite tito Joram's best efforts, the aircon is still broken so we're sleeping here downstairs.
Yakee: you mean we're always going to sleep here?
Me: well... Mommy and Pappie are going to explore our options... 
Yakee: but how can I sleep upstairs? Tomorrow is BBB (boys in the big bed night)

Awww... Find a way to console panganay Pappie Jojo... He won't accept the sofa bed as 'big bed' e


*~*~*

Yakee: Mommy, just read to me from the tablet ok?
Me: Are you sure? Don't you wan the tablet to just read to you?
Yakee: No... Read to me from the tablet. It's because I want to hear your sweet voice ok?

(Hubs is asleep na... When he reads this, he'd wonder again how our sons could love my singing voice... But not his... Me being tone deaf... Haha... True devotion from sons lang!)


*~*~*

Yakee-isms...

(while playing with Yamee)
Hopia... Hopia, butter popcorn

(san na yung mani, anak? haha)

*~*

Mommy... is it time to eat? Because... because my body is sacred. It has to be fed. And i'm so hungry already!


*~*~*


Watching a Pugutan play may not exactly be the usual way of teaching more about the Bible... but Yakee was enthralled... and now wouldn't shut up about heaven.

*~*~*

Yakee asked if this was yours, Ninang XiAh... When i answered yes, he said next..."ay dapat this is yours"

Pano ba yan? Wahahaha
 



*~*~*

In the middle of barfing the other day, Yakee turned to me and said, "It's ok Mommy, I forgive you."

Taken aback, I said, "forgive me for what?"

He answered, "I forgive you for giving me too much grapes. It's okay, I still love you even if you make mistakes."

Sigh... my mistake talaga ha!


*~*~*

Yakee: Mommy, i'm the leader ha? Papa Jesus, thank you that I played with Oona today. Please take care of her and don't let her be sick.

Naks naman Laya... I thought he was going to thank God for the books we bought eh, haha... Pero talagang si Oona ang pinagdasal.


*~*~*

This is fun rolling around! 

*~*~*

When I looked in on the boys before taking a shower, I saw Yakee sliding down the banister.

Me: Iakob! I already asked you to stop doing that because Yamee will immitate you for sure. You knew I was going to take a shower, what if Yamee did that and I wasn't here?
Yakee: Eh, I can catch him naman if he falls eh.
Me: No mahal, you cannot assume that. Even Mommy cannot guarantee that. Remember when yamee fell before, both Mommy and Pappie didn't get to catch him.
(with tears springing in his eyes)
Yakee: But I can catch him because I am the hero. That's why God chose me.

Oh gosh... That shut me up. Had to shower first before taking up the matter again with him.


*~*~*

Yakee: Pappie, do you know why God chose me? (Referring, i think, to why he was our son)

Pappie Jojo: No, why?

Y: Because... He wants me to get angry to you so you will remember to follow God.

And do you know why God chose Yamee? It's because he wants me to remember that we have to be kind to each other. That's why.

(I believed in a concept of a God before I got married, but my faith seems to be growing along with my sons).


*~*~*

Yakee's prayer:
Papa Jesus, please touch Yamee's heart so that he will cooperate and listen better. Please touch Mommy and Pappie Jojo's hearts too so that they will be better.... (prompted by Pappie, 'parents'). And Papa Jesus, thank you that I am behaving better.

(basta something that went like that... I couldn't concentrate on the words kasi I got teary-eyed na... he was mimicking MY prayers but also made it his own... and between him and me, I think God will respond to his prayers better)


*~*~*

While my sis was showing me her yarn purchases for me...

Yakee: Mommy, you are so lucky.
Me: why am I lucky?
Y: Because you have so much yarn.

Haha... I am more happy that he's adopting my prompts of celebrating what one has.


*~*~*

It's the secondd time Yakee has asked me to explain DOOM to him. And weirdly enough, he seems to have picked up the word from a Disney song.. haha

*~*~*

Yakee insisted on reading the next book in our Ball-Stick-Bird series.

Y: Mommy, E
Me: Yes, you remember it has two sounds.
Y: Eh... As in elephant?
Me: And the other one?
Y: Eee... Hmmm, as in eee-bon?

Eto na... Simula na ng Filipino - English confusion.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP