Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's 2013 and You Will Be Enrolled

January 2013 almost ending, I know.

Well... it was a very busy December for us and up to now, Mommy hasn't really mastered the art of domestic chores yet. So, yes, homeschooling has been put on hold. I am so sorry son.

In the meantime. I accidentaly rekindled your fascination for dinosaurs again in a big way. For a time, you were more into superheroes and ninjas already.

You are still adjusting to nurturers having come and gone... we're now going on 3 weeks of your constant/nervous peeing after Ninang Grace left. But happiness though, a fourth of the time, you wash yourself after pooping. Pappie told you that you had to learn that this year... and just like sleeping in your own bed, you just did it. I didn't need to prod you.

You and Yamee are stretching me sooo much currently over your constant squabbles but it's also really nice that you are both at a point where you can really play together, and even gang up on me together.

And health-wise, you were the most brilliant of all because after recovering from colds, you've been clear since with no repeat incidences. Thank you for humoring me with Buteyko exercises. And much as I love you, I really have to wean you off candy.

================

Miscellaneous FB Updates:

Proof that language a child is exposed to stays with them... Yakee prefers singing 6 little ducks in Spanish after hearing me play it, when he already knows rhe English version.

*~*

Yakee: Pappie, stop teasing me.
Pappie: Sorry, I just wanted to see if you will share the chocolate.
Me: Pappie was testing you, mahal.
Yakee: Eh Pappie, don't test me, I'm not a robot.


*~*

Yamee fell and hit his head, partly because Kuya pushed the bed he was hanging from. As he was inconsolably crying, Kuya kept saying sorry. At a loss, Yakee started licking the back of his hand and arm... and Yamee stopped crying while watching his brother in fascination. Then he started licking his own arm and finally smiled.

As I was trying not to barf, Yakee said, "Mommy, it's because we're cats, right?"


*~*

Yakee has seesawed between just whining, outright crying and stomping his feet (wag na isipin pano nag-seesaw sa 3 directions!) over ice cream... all because an ice cream man did not give him ice cream.

Nasanay ata sa mga birthday parties na hihingi lang sya, hindi naisip to ask me for money so he can buy. Ayan, depressed :D

Is that good or bad, Pappie Jojo?


*~*

Yakee has been at us to get his head shaved... And I like Yamee without hair... So there!



*~*

Because of a freebie mag on animals, I used the word 'blend' and that ended in a discussion of why and how animals camouflage with Yakee (homeschooling instant subject)... and though I generally veto computer use, Google Images and Youtube came in handy when he said, "Mommy, I wish I can see a chameleon changing colors."

Unfortunately though, he is now wooing me to allow him and Yamee to have a chameleon for a pet.


*~*

In the midst of washing the clothes I couldn't have the laundromat do (read: soiled and uber mucky clothes of the boys), Yakee decided to play DJ with my laptop.

Then he came to me and said, "Mommy, this is my most favorite song for you."

And then I hear the initial strains of 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight?'

Sigh.

It didn't give me energy for the laundry but it did ensure he gets yema tomorrow :D


*~*

Yakee just drew tears on Mama Mary's face (from the printed nativity scene) and told me she's crying coz she had a baby. I asked why Mama Mary would cry and he said..'because for a long time, she didn't have a baby'

Awww... I had to say a prayer for TTC couples tuloy.


*~*

Awww... I just found out that the little wooden bookmarks for Yakee's friends weren't given away this morning... Sorry Yakee's friends! I think my boys forgot in all the excitement :)



*~*

Because Yakee dropped his spoon, I asked hubs to get a spoon from the setting at a nearby empty table at Zamboanga Restaurant. After handing it to Yakee, he asked his dad, " did you steal this?"

*~*

(speaking in a hoarse voice)
Me: Iakob, could you please kiss me on my forehead?
Yakee: Aww (proceeding to grant the request). Why are you talking like that Mommy?
Me: I'm so sick anak.
Yakee: Aww... Can you go to heaven?

Wahh... Bastusan!

(ekshuli ang separation anxiety nya nagma manifest as his fear of me dying. After umalis nung last helper namin, bigla sya uli nagtatanong if I died when I gave birth, mga ganun. Eh 2 days ago, mega iyak sya when I took a separate car from them. Kaya ayan, pinapatay na naman ako!)

*~*

Both boys reached milestones tonight... Which ended in tears for the Bunso whose creation was knocked over by Kuya accidentally.

Sigh.



Yakee finished his first Ball Stick Bird book - Dec 31

*~*
Masahista told me that when she was massaging me when I had the flu, yakee would also massage me while telling me he loved me.

I have no recollection of that... But I do remember waking up coughing and finding Yakee lying down beside me, just watching me sleep.

Sigh. Proof the boys were so neglected that time.


*~*

Yakee: Mommy, let's talk where the foods I eat go to my body, ok?
Me: Ok.
Yakee: But first, let's talk why girls do not have a pututoy.

Needless to say, the best I could do was say boys and girls have differently-shaped pipes/hoses where the pee comes out.


(Kaloka eh... I first tried being technical, saying girls have a different urethra etc... Yakee said, "Oh so girls pee using their pwet?" So, fireman's hose it is!)

*~*

It is upsetting to watch your child grapple with the stresses of life. However, I really hope I can find a way to rid Yakee of his morbid tendencies whenever he's faced with separation anxiety... because he also tends to scare me.

Sigh.


*~*

We miss and love you...
 

 Yakee prayed 'thanks for the spaghetti from ninang Josephine and the iPad from ninang XiAh' last night.

*~*
Yakee naman is 57 duplo blocks tall!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP